design

Thursday, February 21, 2013

I love Valentine's Day...

Valentine's Day is not my favorite holiday- I actually thought it was kind of pointless- shouldn't you always do things to let your loved ones know you love them?  Why should you be expected to do something on one specific day? But on Valentine's Day this year my boyfriend and I decided to go on a date- to Little Italy- a local restaurant that we both love and then we went to Mezamiz- where we had our first date on July 25th and we have been there several times since.  It was kind of crowded but "our table" with the cabbage salt & pepper shakers was open.

Kirk read me 27 (my favorite number) reasons why he wanted to marry me then got down on one knee and proposed!  I responded with "Yes!! Thank you!!"  Thank you for all of the nice things you just said to me, thank you for this beautiful ring, thank you for loving me and my children, thank you for asking me to marry you!  Best Valentine's Day gift EVER!!! 
Valentine's Day will forever be a special holiday to me- not because of flowers or chocolate- but because on Valentine's Day my best friend asked me to marry him and I can not wait for us to spend the rest of our lives together!
sigc

No comments:

Post a Comment